Wednesday 19 January 2011

not so gastro




So I went to Magdelen Road in Exeter which holds some lovely local shops, including Bon Gout (deli), fishmongers, baker, butchers, grocers, hairdressers, 4 x cafes a Spar (grr) Bran Tub (health food shop) and some boutiques selling overpriced beautiful handcrafted products!

I am very excited as the above fruit and vegetables (picture) cost only 65p whereas in sainsburys it would have cost me £1.37. The price difference is huge! So I can see where I am going to be buying all my fruit and veg from here-on after. 

Bon Gout was also superb and I managed to get myself some marmalade roasted ham, homemade pesto and goats chevre cheese for £5.00, not too bad considering it will keep me in food the rest of the week! 

I promise I will not post a picture of food for a little while so here is my last food pic! Goats cheese, pesto and beef vine tomatoe toasted sandwich mmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment